I'm here....I'm really, really here!! Maybe no one has really noticed the absence but, wow, I can hardly believe it has been so long since I posted. So much for keeping the online journaling current. In short recap, I thought of a song we sing at church with the primary children. Here goes:
Oh, what do you do in the summertime,
(lots and lots and lots)
When all the world is green?
(isn't it gorgeous in the summer. Big leafy trees, beautiful blue water, hot summer sun?)
Do you fish in a stream,
(Well, no fishing but some playing in the river)
Or lazily dream on the banks as the clouds go by??(love to do this with the kids...imagine what shapes the clouds form)
Is that what you do? So do I!!
Oh, what do you do in the summertime,
(go on mini vacations, play at the water park, travel to see family, run around like a crazy person)
When all the world is green?
(really, is it still this hot???)
Do you swim in a pool, to keep yourself cool,
(LOTS of swimming this season...my goodness)
Or swing in a tree up high??
(I'll leave that to my boys)
Is that what you do? So do I!!
Oh, what do you do in the summertime,
(seriously, I am so tired, is it time for school yet?)
when all the world is green?
(still do love this though)
Do you march in parades, or drink lemonades,
(We saw some parades and drank oodles of the lemon stuff)
Or count all the stars in the sky?
(A summer night sky is absolutely BREATHTAKING!!)
Is that what you do, So do I!!
That's our days. So much is going on. Lots of good stress mixed with some healthy doses of the bad stress. Trying hard to stay positive and be a good role model to the kids. Think it's working???? Sometimes I wonder. (ok, most days I wonder) My niece left just recently to return back home after her stay at our house for the summer. We miss her already and she only left two days ago. She was so fun to have and took such good care of the girls. She was a great friend to all of the kids.
Sarah suffered a concussion last week. Wow, was that stressful on us. We were so worried. She was running around the corner and tripped and in one of those freak moments, collided just perfectly with the corner of an open door and then slammed into the wall behind it. I have seen some serious bruises/lumps in my day but, nothing like that thing. She currently still has two black eyes from the collision but her behavior is returning to normal. She did have a CT scan just to rule out it being any more serious than that since she was so irritable and uncoordinated. So grateful to Heavenly Father that there was no further injury. She continues to be an absolute miracle in every regard and we are so blessed to love her! It is such an amazing gift that September 2nd marks one year of her physical entry into our family. She was there long before that in our hearts!
I have missed all of you, my friends and family. I am looking forward to new routines and schedules but, will miss the lazy (and frenetic) days of late nights, playtimes, family times, and great memories of summer!!
Have a truly happy week!! (I promise.....some pictures VERY soon!!!)
Oh and a big P.S.
I did finish Breaking Dawn (the 4th book in the Twilight Series)and I must admit that I did enjoy the book, but I was mostly disappointed. It just got too....weird.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Oh, What Do You Do In the Summertime?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












8 comments:
Great to see you blogging again! I totally noticed your lull! I can't believe Sarah got a concussion! She has been through enough in her little life! Poor baby. I am glad she is ok.
I haven't even started Breaking Dawn. I am waiting for it to come out on CD. :-)
Amen on Breaking Dawn...Except I didn't even really enjoy this one... :-( It was weird for me, too... What would the movie version be like?
Oh Anna, I missed ya girlfriend! So glad to see your're back in blog world. Poor miss Sarah! Linzhi Lu has taken a few bad falls this summer too!! Well, I'm looking forward to reading about what's going on in your world!!
God bless,
Amy
Your 'song' cracked me up. You are so creative. Four more days until school starts!!!
Poor Sarah...I hope she is feeling better. I have to admit, I think accidental black eyes are cool (I've had 2). So - Breaking Dawn - I disagree. I liked it. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unwed; however I found it to be like a mormon-romance-novel-type. Enough info to know what's going on, but still a lot of imagination (I have a great one!). Other than that, it was a little ssstttrretched, even for a vampire/werewolf storyline.
Sorry that was so long.
lov you guys!
Aunt Melissa
Hey, I have missed you! Glad your back to blogging. Poor Sarah, I hope she is on the mend. Giev her a hug from us and Happy Gotcha day anniversary soon, wish we could be together for it. Can you beleive we have been with the girls almost a whole year!
FYI, I noticed and missed you! Welcome back~
Glad you're back! Glad that Sarah is O.K. Have a nice peaceful 1st week of school. I plan to do the same...
Post a Comment