Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We're back and I am SO EXCITED!!

OK, we are back from a fabulous vacation (though short) at the lake. We truly had a wonderful sun-filled, water crazy time. We rented the most fabulous cabin and have some of the greatest pictures. But, before we go into that I just have to tell you that I am so E-X-C-I-T-E-D!!!!!

Why you ask? Because in just a little over 3 full days the new book in the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer comes out. I know, some of you may think I have seriously gone bonkers. The books were, after all, targeted at teenagers. My niece Jessica first told me about them and I believe my reaction was to roll my eyes and smile at her patronizingly :-)



Then, my curiousity got the best of me several months back and I read all three of them in three days!! Though there are parts that are overdramatic and "high school-esque" I absolutely love them. The final book in the series is nearly here and I think it is possible that I am looking forward to it more than my son eagerly anticipated the final Harry Potter installment. I am READY!!! So, humor me, if you have read them......tell me if you are TEAM EDWARD, TEAM JACOB or just plain annoyed!!!! And if you read them and hated them, tell me why...I seriously want to know......I love to hear other people's opinions. More on the vacation soon.....

15 comments:

Jennifer O'Cain said...

You don't know me but I know about your site (my adoption website) and check your blog now and then bc i too have 4 boys and am waiting for our daughter from China. Anyway, I two read the books after a friend of mine kept going on and on about Edward and all. I don't usually get into this type of reading (you know with the whole vampire and werewolf thing) but decided to give it a try and well like you and many others I fell for it. I really liked the first one alot but with the other two I started to get a little annoyed at the short amount of time covered in a book and the story just got wackier (remember I have a hard time reading this fantasy type stuff, I am a more real life kind of reader). BUT, with that being said I am hooked enough to read the next one and any others if there are any. Oh, and I am Team Jacob unless Edward becomes human then I am all for edward I just do not want her to become a vampire! -I mean could you imagine living here on earth forever.

Patricia said...

I was just in the bookstore yesterday (I am an AVID reader) & saw these books displayed & a sign about pre-ordering the one you are talking about, but I had NO IDEA what these books were! (gosh, I am soooo out of touch right now!) So, thanks to you, I now what they are & am intrigued to say the least! ;)

Missed you, girl! Glad you're back! Look forward to hearing more about your vacation!

Anonymous said...

nerd

I will never leave team bdawg

Jill said...

I didn't know the book was that close to coming out!...and I call myself a fan...I was sort of on team Jacob until he turned into a wolf...now I am totally team Edward. I agree that their relationship is over dramatic, but who wouldn't want that kind of devotion!

Anna B. said...

Rich you made me laugh!! At first I thought you were some nutty poster. No, no....Team BDawg is too much for ANY of us!!!!

Mom to my China Posse said...

ok! I feel so out of the loop. Today I seen her on TV and it said if you are the Mother of kids any age you will no this lady........ I didn't know her and neither did my kids. Fill me in........Please!

Mom said...

I am definitely on the Jacob team...I am anxiously awaiting my pre-ordered 4th installment myself... :-)

I wondered where you had been. I enjoy your blogs...It makes me feel a little closer.

You were the one that helped my addiction of Meyer's books along. :-) Thanks again!

Mom said...

Team bdawg???? Who's on that team anyway? :-)

Amie said...

Oh I don't want to be left out of the fun.. I am going to have to look into these books. No clue what they are about, never heard of them, but curious none the less. Wow, I am so out of the loop. thanks for keeping me on top of what's cool. Off to peek at them on Amazon.. :)

:)
Amie

Carol said...

Only 50 pages left of Breaking Dawn...are you done yet?

And...hello...TEAM EDWARD!!! :) :0 :)

Football and Fried Rice said...

Ok, this is the second "grown up's" blog I have seen this on this week. I am so going to the bookstore. I'll be in touch with what team I am on!!

Mindy said...

Yeah...I finally found someone who reads them too. I got done yesterday and want to chat about it but dont want to spoil anything. Post when your done and we can dish. While I was out in public last week doing such mundane things like grocery shopping and the county fair, I got an idea for a great t-shirt. It will say, "I left Breaking Dawn for this?" I know its a little lame but thousands of people would get it I'm sure!

Mindy said...

Oh yeah...I never understood the whole team Jacob thing. He was never her soul (or in this case soul-less) mate. I was suprised it was even a question...although I did wonder if Stephanie Meyer was some sort of physcho and maybe just maybe...

Jill said...

ok Anna...you had ENOUGH time to finish breaking dawn...time to get up and blogging again! lol

Heather said...

TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY!! I just finished Breaking Dawn and I'm so sad that it's over.