Ever not know what to blog about? Ever wonder if it seems that you are going on and on and on and that no one is really listening (including myself)? We have been busy this summer.....really busy. I just don't know what to write here. I wish we could all just sit down together and have a spectacular get together where we could all talk and visit and update each other. Sometimes it is hard to capture it in words:-)
That being said, we just returned from a short vacation out of town to see Brian's family. He has got such a great family. We got to stay with Grandma (who spoils her grandkids to the hilt) and hang out with Rich (Brian's youngest brother) and his fabulous wife Melissa. We also got to see, though not as much, Mike (another of Brian's brothers) and his family. Part of our purpose in visiting when we did was to see Mike, Jill and two of their girls perform in the community production of Sound of Music. They all did such a great job and it was fun to be able to see the "fruits of their labors" as they have been working long and hard preparing for the play. We swam at Grandma's neighborhood pool, went to the interactive Dinosaur museum, attended the play, went out to eat, barbecued at Grandma's house and painted a nursery for the impending arrival of the newest family member (a baby boy due in September to Mike and Jill). Jonathan stayed home with a friend to attend his Cub Scout Day Camp and then it was on to spend the last day with his much-loved cousins until we returned.
The drive to see them all is just tolerable. Just about when you think you are going to go crazy driving that far with so many kids in the car, you are there. It is always fun to see Brian's family.
The girls are still struggling with getting along. At times they seem to be so content with one another but, mostly it is a struggle. We are not sure how much is their age and how close they are in age and what part of it (if any) is more serious than that. Anyone out there have any advice????
The boys are doing superb. Getting older all the time. Jake's birthday is this week. He is looking forward to being the big 1-1!!!! Big brother Eric is at scout camp until Saturday. It is always so strange and unsettling when one of the kids is away! When we were on our trip, I kept looking around for Jonathan. The whole time. We really missed him as I am sure we will painfully miss Eric this week at home.
Sarah is lovin' this cookie. It is one of those Mother's Circus Animals cookies. Yummy!
Sarah is a daddy's girl! How she loves him!
Monday, July 14, 2008
I just don't know
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












12 comments:
I am sad that we didn't get to see you guys as much this visit! We will come to you next! I still need to come and do a Sassy Sue show!...(cause you need more bows!) I need to post the new and improved nursery on my blog. Thanks again for everything!!!
Welcome Home! It is so nice you have so much family here and that Brian's family is fairly close. What a blessing.
Oh my goodness, Mandi looks SO grown up in the picture at the dinosaur museum. The picture by herself. What a beautiful young lady.
I would love to talk with you about some things we did to help Ryan and Hannah bond.
Hi Anna, I missed your posts! Glad you're back. Hang in there with the girls. Rachel and Linzhi go through times when they just don't seem to like each other. I think sometimes it's just girls and their ages... I think we're in the same boat girlfriend!!! Email me offline or give me a call if you need to talk. =)
Hugs,
Amy
815-933-6317
Oh Anna, the last picture with Brian and Sarah put a huge smile on my face. I remember how he tried so hard in China with her, looks like it paid off big time! Love seeing your beautiful family pictures.
Great photos!! Looks like you all are having a FAB summer!! And I agree with Barbie...that pic of Mandi is so grown up & gorgeous!! Our girls are growing sooooo fast!!!
I KNOW we will meet someday & I will return that big hug!! ;)
So FUN! Glad you are home though.
It was fun to see you for a few minutes there at Jills and at the play. They did a great job. Way to go on the nursery too!
Hi Anna!!
I love all the photos, especially the last one of Daddy & Sarah. :) So sweet!!
Good to hear from you & catch up a bit. I am with you, sometimes life seems to go at such a frenetic pace, but when you sit down to blog, you wonder what you're going to talk about!!!
Rebecca
Sounds like you are having a great summer. This trip sounds like the perfect family visit.
Kim
I am glad that you are having such a fun summer reconnecting with the people you love. Your family is very cute... all of you. You work so hard at helping them all thrive, Anna! You inspire me. Have you ever read the book "Siblings Without Rivalry"? I read it when my boys were very small, and it has changed our family. I don't generally read self help books, but this one is worth a look. The premise is that sibling rivalry has very little to do with the sibling relationship, and everything to do with the parent/child relationship--- the child is trying to gain points with the parents. (I think---- it has been years since I read it). Anyway, It helped me with my boys... Fondly, Erin
We loved seeing you all (almost all)! We'll be up this Fall to see a game!
Aunt Melissa
Miss you Anna!!
Hugs,
Amy
Post a Comment