Monday, July 7, 2008

Another graduation (I mean promotion)

Our Jacob is officially no longer in elementary school. His dad and I are floored. Dumbfounded. Aghast. Thrilled. So proud. This little guy of ours started out rough. He had a condition called pyloric stenosis. Had to have surgery at 4 weeks old. He also had near constant ear infections that led into antibiotic resistant ear infections (big surprise)and several procedures for that. He fell behind in language and had some other delays. He was entered into the Early Intervention Program for our district. At 3 years old he stepped onto a bus bound for school wearing a backpack bigger than he was. We cried then. We were so worried, so anxious and so hopeful. And Jacob has wowed us all. What a fine young man he has become. He was transitioned out of E.I. after kindergarten, declared fully "caught up". He has grown by leaps and bounds every year. Every year discovering more of himself, more of his talents, more comfort in his abilities and more confidence is his potential. He is headed off to middle school (I think I have told you all before that I loathe middle school). He had a remarkable teacher this year in Mrs. Dayton. She was everything he needed. We are blessed. Congratulations Jacob!!!





P.S. Because Jacob was in year round school, he graduated the very last week of June. Just in case you were wondering.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacob - how exciting for you. Be extra nice to Mom and Dad while they deal with having another middle-schooler.
Love you all.
Aunt Melissa

Patricia said...

Congrats, Jacob!!
What a cutie he is!!

Mom to my China Posse said...

Congratulation Jacob!~
Kathy

Football and Fried Rice said...

smart AND handsome; what a combo!!

Amie said...

ohhhh .. I don't even know the little guy, I mean big guy, and I am so proud!!!

Way to go Jacob!!

:)
Amie