

That is right. We are headed out to the sun, sand and water. A vacation with my husband. The coolest guy in the world to hang out with. We will be visiting Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Dominica and St. Thomas. Leaving from San Juan, Puerto Rico. Leaving this cold, frigid mass of nasty, disgusting, repulsive, overwhelming inversion. Not that I'm bitter about it (the cold) mind you. Well, actually I am bitter. That's why I am going.
I am finding the process of getting ready to go on such a fun trip while preparing your children for your absence to be the stuff of major headaches and nauseous tummies. Not sure when I transferred over from celebrating my 'freedom' when I had a break from my kids to being traumatized by the whole thing. The boys will be having a blast with my girlfriend and her kids. Not sure they will even notice that we are gone. They keep counting down the days for us. Hmmmm.......! The girls will be staying with their adoring grandma. Eight days of some serious spoilage and TLC. They are gonna love it.
I have a cold (can you even believe that? Just woke up with it this morning) and the forecast has rain called for in a couple of spots. We haven't had a break in this inversion for at least two weeks. No snow, no rain...just cold damp foggy gunk. But yeah, it is supposed to snow on Saturday...the very day we leave. Good heavens! But nothing will dampen my spirits. Well, not any more than they have already been dampened this month. And so, we are off.....please let me know if you have been to ANY of these places...tidbits, recommendations.....I need them all!!!
I will be back with photos.
Of this, I promise.
Have a fantastic final week of January. I mean, really, is this month over YET ???????
p.s. these pics have horrible pixel evidence and I have had the WORST time today with fonts, sizing and spacing. I am giving up now.













19 comments:
What a great time you're going to have! Just hang in there... you'll be in paradise soon!! And I bet by the time you get back, January will be OVER :)
Have a wonderful time!! January is almost gone...yippee!
Have a fabulous time!!
Enjoy
Enjoy
Enjoy
God bless and safe travels!
Amy
Have a WONDERFUL time!! Ahhhh...the promise of those photos! Warm weather!! Tropical drinks! Warm breezes throgh rustling palm trees! OK, I've just seriously depressed myself because I am stuck here in 18 degrees...sigh.
St. Thomas - SHOP for jewlery (tanzanite & columbian emeralds). They also have some terrific restaurants!
Aruba - it NEVER rains there! Well, it did once...WHEN WE WERE THERE!!! sigh...
ENJOY!!!!!
I am so excited for you!! Have lots of fun and make sure you do the three S's alot!!...Swim, Snack...and snuggle. :-) love ya!
I am sooooo excited for you!! Lou and I went to Jamaica 8 years ago and swore we would go back every year-that's how much we LOVED it! (although, we have yet to make it back!) The people are so layed back and kind- not a care in the world. You will love it. So happy you are getting a well deserved vacation. Maybe this will give you a new look on January!!!
Oh, wish we could tag along. Sounds so fun! Hey, are the traveling shoes going?
Kathy
P.s. Happy Birthday to Sarah! Ananh's is next week.
Do you think I could fit in a suitcase? I am so excited for you...the traumas of traveling without your children will all be worth it!! Enjoy! See you when you get back!(?)
I'm so happy you have such a great trip to look forward to! This is the BEST time of year to go to the Caribbean! In fact, I just told David this morning that I wish we were headed on a cruise right about now. Pre-kids, we took a cruise almost every year around this time.
Anyway - you have a great, unique itinerary ahead of you. Everyone on the ship will shop right in the main port in St. Thomas. If you want a little adventure, take the ferry over to St. John for the day (depending on how much time you have). There are 2 ferry terminals in St. Thomas and you can find times if you google them. Once you are in St. John, you can grab a picnic lunch and rent some snorkel gear right off the ferry terminal and WALK to a beach (wear good sandals or tennis shoes...we did this in flip flops!) Or you can take a taxi to any number of beaches. It's so much more laid back and relaxing on that island. Just make sure you leave plenty of time to get back to your ship when you need to be there!
My absolute favorite time on each cruise is the sunset sailaway party. Find a quiet spot on the top deck...a good book or a good drink...kick back and relax before dinner. (Get the later dinner time if you can so you can grab a nap too!).
And, don't be afraid to explore on your own in each port. You will find things to be less hectic than traveling with a big crowd from the ship, less expensive and usually run across more "local" gems. portreviews.com has some good feedback from other travelers...
No matter when you end up doing...enjoy it all - you deserve it! Shannon
Love the new look of your blog!
Love the new look!!
Wow, your holiday sounds amazing, I would kill for a bit of warmth and sunshine right now, not a big fan of January either.
Have fun and relax and dont worry about the kids!!
Love ~Jules
I am so with you on January! Let's move on to February!!! The weather here has been gray and COLD. Hey, I am in the South and it should not be below freezing for two weeks straight! We went to jamaica a few years ago and LOVED it!
Is there any room in your suitcase? I promise I'll just ly out on the beach and find a bench to sleep on! He, he, sort of kidding!
HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!
Have fun--- and come back ready to tackle the world. A little sun sand and love will fix most "slumps". Thinking of you.
hey there. remember me???? hope you guys have fun on your trip. can't wait to see the pics.
dave
I'm so excited for the two of you!! Try to relax and enjoy each other as much as possible!! I can't wait to see pictures and live vicariously!
Hugs,
June & Lilli
ok-so you have been home for, what an entire day? Where are the pic's?
I'm not a patient person. I want to see you in your bikini sipping pina colada's.
Oooooo, I LOVE your new blog design. The pinks and greens make me feel happy and I must admit I think the Prayer, Persistence and a Dose of Personality is pure BRILLIANCE!!! :) :) :)
Post a Comment