Where have I been? I'll tell you what........it has been awhile hasn't it? Christmas was wonderful. Christmas was busy. I am tired! And then, well, it's January. January and I have a love/hate relationship. Truth be told, I really just HATE it. It's a strong word, I know. January is a cold and dreary intruder in my life most of the time. It follows all the holiday excitement. It is one gigantic let-down. It is also the month I lost my dad. This year I have been trying extra hard to be positive. For it also the month that,
- Eric turns 14 on January 23rd
- Sarah turns 3 on January 26th
- Sarah celebrated one year post surgery on January 10th. What a miracle!
- Brian and I head out for a blissful week in the Carribbean, am I spoiled or what?
But still I complain. So, why am I complaining? I guess because I can. Because I know you care. Because despite the multitude of blessings in my life, I just really, really, really wish my dad were here. I think? it is normal to miss someone so much, even after all this time. Especially someone as dear as my dad. So, please forgive my absence. Though there have been many happenings and many good things around here.....I just haven't felt like saying much.
Thanks for staying with me...........................................












14 comments:
Yeah!!!!!!! Your back! I missed you. Did I raed your going on vaction? Are the traveling shoes going with you?
Love ya, Kathy
Missed you!! Glad you're back!
And for me, it's March...whenever I quit a job, it was *always* in March...March & me just don't get along!
Great news about Sarah's post op anniversary!!
Oooooo....the warmth of the Carribean!! How I long for some WARM weather! ENJOY!!!!
Anna, I can relate to your loss. I especially miss my parents at Christmas time, but the last 12 years, I have missed Ray....I cherish the time I had with him and all the fun Bowl games we went to..I really missed him at the Sugar Bowl. Each night I look at the Draper Temple, I miss him more...but I am blessed with a wonderful family luv you !!
Where are you going Anna?? I love getting away with my hubby. I still have to post about our Puerto Vallarta trip...never enough time. We leave for Disney on 2-5 so I guess I'll put both vacations together...LOL..
Have a WONDERFUL time my sweet friend!
Hugs and love,
Amy
Also, I'm sorry you miss your dad. Big hugs to you!
Hi Anna!
So glad to "see" ya again! ;)
I can totally relate to your emotions about your Daddy. Mine died 14 years ago and his birthday was the 12th...I still get emotional...they'll always be our Daddys! And if you are like me, I was very much a Daddy's girl.
I'm excited, and okay honestly jealous, that you are going on a trip with hubby! GOOD FOR YOU! That will be so refreshing!
Blessings to you, Anna! You know even when you don't feel like sayin' much...we're always here!
Love,
Laine
Glad to have you back posting! I've definitely missed out!
I am hoping that you & hubby have a wonderful vacation. It is very much deserved. Will be looking for pictures in the future!
Anna--- good to have you back. I wish you a magical vacation. You deserve some R & R for sure. I am sorry that this month is so hard for you. I hate June (the anniversary of our son's death) and July (the anniversary of my Dad's death) so much. It is hard to face each year. I try to remind myself that it marks one less year that I must be apart from them. Also, I am thinking of taking stock during those times, maybe writing a letter to those I love, with some promises of things I will do to honor them in the comign year, and then opening the letters. Or maybe just writing them a letter of things I have learned in the past year? Love to you--- Erin
Oh Anna I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the heartache you are feeling right now. I'm glad you and Brian will have some time to yourselves.
LOTS OF HUGS AND PRAYERS coming your way!
June & Lilli
I was wondering/hoping that you could post your tribute to your dad here. I didn't ever get a chance to read it and I would love to hear your thoughts about him.
BTW, Happy Birthday to your endcaps! :)
Oh Anna! I'm always brought to tears when you talk about your dad...I know how much I would miss my dad - you know he'll be proxy for you as long as you want! Hang in there, enjoy the happy times. Have a blast with Brian and bring back some sunshine and warmth!! Luv ya.
glad to see you back! I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time about your Dads passing, I can not even imagine.
Hey girl! Good to hear from you. I am sorry you are having a hard month. I know January is tough for you. I am glad you have some cheery things like birthdays and get-a-ways to look forward to. And wonderful memories of your dad to look back on. Miss ya!
It is ok to miss your dad.
He must have been an amazing man to have a daughter as loving as you. Let the good memories fill your heart. I am sorry.
I love you.
Post a Comment