UPDATE:
This is not gonna be good. Surgery is tomorrow at 6am. We have to be there at 5am. 10 days of complete immobility with leg elevated above shoulder height with foot in a plaster splint. 6 weeks of ZERO weightbearing after that (on crutches with a boot)....2 more months of moderate movement and not a full release for 5-6 months. Please pray for him. He is our rock and he is feeling poor in spirit because he feels like he will be a burden. Pray for his healing and pray that as his wife, I will give him all the love and care that he needs and deserves.
We are, as always, grateful for your love and support of our family.
________________________________________________________________
Yeah, I said procrastination huh? Still not done with the vacation update. The lustre is fading. But, I really do have an excuse. Well, I didn't until last night but, now I have a REALLY REALLY good one.
Brian got hurt.
Playing church basketball.
He feels old. In fact, the lady at the ER last night told him that "at his age" (he's 40 - almost 41) the tendons are more brittle. Umm.....thanks?
He ruptured his Achilles tendon.
Not good.
We had official confirmation this morning, by MRI, that it is a full thickness rupture. Complete with fragmented edges and some of the tendon rolling up on itself (think window shade).
Appt. first thing tomorrow morning to visit orthopedic surgeon and schedule surgical repair.
Months (est. of 2-4 months) in a smokin' hot looking boot cast.
Good times.
Poor guy.![]()
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
OUCH!!!!!!!!!! - with an update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












16 comments:
Poor Brian, I hope his time in the boot goes quickly. Hope to see you blogging more soon. Kathy
Hope Brian recovers very quickly. Glad to see that you are back blogging. Have missed you!
Now does that sound familiar or what? Just what Caleb did but with his petallar tendon. Oh, and the window shade was rolling up the outside of his leg. :-)
Poor Brian. I will be praying for him. Not fun.
And at least it was AFTER the wonderful vacation. :-)
BUMMER!!! Poor guy, I am so sorry to hear he's gonna be in a boot cast for TWO or more months!! Like Barbie said, though, at least it was AFTER the sun and fun, right?
Still waiting for that update...
Anytime now...
:)
Ouch is right! Poor guy...hope it's not toooo painful...prayers going out for a very quick recovery!
Oh my goodness! See this blog:
http://dopppartyofseven.blogspot.com/ for the exact same problem! (Their little girl is Libby's orphanage mate) They live by us, and I just saw them for Chinese New Year. That church ball... I don't know!
Can you believe I'm living a parallel life to yours? :) Erin told me to check out your blog. We have a great surgeon if you need a referral! Hope all goes well!
Ouch is right. And I'm learning it's true, you start to fall apart right at 40! I have reading glasses now and had to have TWO crowns done yesterday- and WOWSOO... my mouth is SORE today!! Not to mention my bank account.
Poor Brian..(and poor you for not having your right hand man in tip top children chasing condition!) My stomache turns everytime I think of his injury. That is nasty!! I am glad that Grandma will come and help out a little. It's also good that you have so much family around. Good luck and tell Brian we are praying for him.
Anna -
That is such a bummer! But since he is a basketball fan - remind him, March Madness is coming up and he has a great excuse to watch it while resting the leg!!
By the way - you have such a cute blog! Your kids are adorable!
Teresa
Ouch is right!!! I'll be praying for you all!
Just read your UPDATE & I have just prayed for all of you!!
Hang in there, Anna!
We
re 4 days out of surgery, Scott got a hard cast today and is getting around on crutches pretty well. He did some work today (he's a lawyer), now that he's out of the lortab haze. things are looking good, so don't despair. The worst is behind you. Good luck! I hope friends and family are giving you lots of unsolicited help!
Hope you guys are OK up there... thinking of you and praying that all goes well.
I hope all went well this morning. I'm sure having Grandma there to wrangle is a load off...give Brian a hug (sister-in-law appropriate type) and we're praying for his speedy recovery and your continuing patience. We love you!!
Post a Comment