Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We interrupt our regular scheduled programming to bring you this update...

Whew! That is a long title. Brian is doing well.

The surgeon making sure he's got the right leg. (actually it is his left :-)

Going a little stir crazy laying around on the couch. Getting mild hangovers from the pain medication he takes at night. Feeling like his hamstring and hip joints may need to be repaired next since they are unaccustomed to holding his leg over the height of his shoulder while laying down.
Sarah is wondering what this is all about. She kept walking over to him, just kind of looking at everything.


Mandi has a much better idea for the proper use of a wheeled roll-about.

We all got a great laugh when Brian's mom, upon returning to her home after coming to help out for a few days, sent out this update to family far away:

"Brian completely tore his Achilles tendon and had surgery Friday morning. He has to remain completely immobile for 10 days, except to go to bathroom with his foot above his shoulder."

Wouldn't that be some sort of amazing feat of dexterity?? I think she meant to order it a little more like:

"remain completely immobile for 10 days with his foot above his shoulder, except to go to the bathroom."


Brian is up! Ready for his one privelege!!


The family had a good laugh. Now you can giggle right along with us. Thanks for all of the sweet words and encouraging/helpful phonecalls and visits to the poor patient. We feel so fortunate to be blessed with all of you.

13 comments:

Mom to my China Posse said...

Brian, I hope you have a speedy recovery. You will learn ways to get around you never imagined, lol... Andrew got pretty good after a couple weeks, hopping everywhere. The girls even started hopping in unity with him. lol..... Rest up and I hope your on your feet in no time. Kathy

Jill said...

We gotta love Mom!! I laughed really hard at that...sorry Brian for the mental images we all imagined. lol

One other funny Mom thing that I forgot to blog about. She babysat Jack at her house a couple of weeks ago. I brought the moniter so she would't have to keep checking on him or listen for crying. When I came to pick him up, I realized she put the wrong end in his room. I guess he was lulled to sleep by the sounds of the family room broadcasted into his end of the moniter! It was funny. She laughed at herself too.

Shannon said...

That email cracked me up! You are ALL troopers for hanging in there through this. It will pass....

living4him5 said...

Hilarious! I bet he's going stir crazy!!

At least he can laugh about it!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Hugs,
Amy

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Anna!
Yes, Mac is going to CHS! Did Eric tell you he threw Mac over his shoulder at the school open house the other night!? Mckay said it was fun to see Eric-and was trying to recruit him for the team! Eric should have come home with a wrestling shirt for "throwing a wrestler"! Mac said he was great!
The team and COACH have been a really good environment. Eric should do it!

living4him5 said...

Miss you Anna!!

Hugs and lots of love,
Amy

Denise said...

Everything ok with you? Miss you!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Ouch! Hoping Brian is on his feet soon! Your MIL's message is hysterical!!!

What a beautiful family you are!!!

Blessings,
Robin

living4him5 said...

Miss you Anna!!!

Love and hugs,
Amy

Sister Kim said...

I miss hearing about you all and those cute kids... I hope and pray you are all doing ok...

Prayers and blessings- S. Kim

Shannon said...

Still thinking of you and checking your site in hopes of finding you are doing well - that it was just a really busy four months and you took a blog sabbatical! Miss you my blog friend! (I sent you an email awhile back too just checking in...hope you got it!)
Shannon

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Hey there!
My email is loubuhrley@cableone.net
Hope all is well!!!

Carol said...

I demand before and afters of your hotness!