Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday Words

So I was sitting at the computer this morning trying to be sure that I purchased the tickets for the midnight showing of Indiana Jones in time to take my son and his friend (I know, this is a CRAZY idea)and quickly check in on my favorite bloggy friends. Mandi came in and asked for some of the toast I was eating. I willingly obliged. She trotted off to the kitchen. A few minutes later she came back and asked if I would make her some of her own toast. I said I would be happy too in just a few minutes. She said "OK, mama" and turned to play the piano that is just next to the desk that holds our computer. Shortly she turned back to me and says, "mama, the clock says it's time to make me some more toast now". Now how on earth do you argue with that? I left what I was doing and went in for some quality breakfast time with the girls in the kitchen.

I am thankful for a happy start to the day. The last few days have been really hard with my little girls. They have argued, whined, cried, sassed at me and each other, and fallen down or suffered some other monumental "boo-boo" a dozen times over. I was literally at my wits end yesterday. I prayed A LOT last night. I think at one point when I awoke in the middle of the night, I prayed again. The girls are doing good this morning. They had a bath, a big breakfast and they are playing so well together right now with some empty boxes in the family room. There is hope ;)

7 comments:

Barbie said...

Oh, those days are so hard, especially when you have a few in a row!! I am glad today is off to a better start.

living4him5 said...

OK, it had to be in the air! My girly girl's were little stinkers yesterday and when CJ came home he even asked "were they like this all day"? LOL... At least we're all in the same boat! =)

Blessings,
Amy

Denise said...

Don't those days just wipe you out? My kids are out for the summer on Friday, and I am scared! Don't get me wrong, I love the freedom of summer, but the sibling stuff can get pretty rough on some days. I have hired a sitter so once a week Maggie and I can escape...

Carol said...

Gotta love an empty box.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you...Indiana Jones on opening night? I'm not even doing that (I would love to, but it's a babysitting issue). We're going tomorrow at 8PM (Grandma is a wonderful sitter)!

Melissa

Jill said...

I have had NOTHING but strife with Casie lately!! Each night I pray for patients and every morning she pushes it to the limits! For example....7:30 am..I tell her to get up and shower...8:10 the shower finally is on..she misses the bus, misses breakfast, and goes to school with soaking hair. (it's 55 degrees today!) Most of her morning was spent sitting on her bed saying.."I don't know what to wear." I guess this doesn't make you feel better, but at least you know I feel your pain!! I am looking forward to my little boy!

Mindy said...

I was just going to say that be happy that they are so young that you have the rest of the day to make up for a bad morning. When they are in school and pulling stuff like that you have to hurry them out the door and then spend the whole day with that bad morning in your memory...Jill I remember when Kinley went through that stage too...some days I would send her off and sing "ding dong the witch is gone" after she left (she knows I did this by the way) But is is demoralizing to think "I cant even get through 45 mins in the morning with my kids without constant conflict."
good luck Anna... i think I should wake up in the middle of the night and pray for my kids to get along..that would be a great idea and you are a wonderful mom to do that..