Friday, May 23, 2008

So many....

So many of you wonderful people have posted about the Chapman family. This family's tragedy has affected me so very deeply. Thoughts of my time here on earth and the way I love and live with my family have been running constant through my head and heart. I just don't fully appreciate the everyday moments enough and I am learning that these little moments matter the most. I ran across this video on a site with an article about Maria Sue Chapman and the song made me cry but I really LOVE Steven Curtis Chapman's explanation and story after the music video concludes. You won't be sorry you watched it(all nine minutes of it). Have a wonderful weekend and hug your family close.


6 comments:

Charlotte said...

How right you are, it's in the moments that a life is lived. We never know when it's to be the last. (in this realm anyway) Love you for your insight and for you. Charlotte

Jill said...

That made me bawl! I am sure that song has even more meaning to him now than it did when he wrote it. We should all take the lesson he learned and enjoy our Cinderella's and Supermans while we still have them.

Anonymous said...

Time to slow down and be present I have rushed too many bathes and too many prayers myself in order to do something else that is not nearly as important.

I pray with you during this time of grief. This man and his family a touched so many lives for years, it is my honor to now raise their name to our Heavenly Father in prayer and ask Him to give them some sort of comfort.

Thank you for your post,

krista

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that reminder to enjoy each moment with Luke...I often get caught up in the day-to-day things instead of slowing down and taking in the good and not-so-good things he does all the time.

Melissa

Michelle R Photography said...

This was a beautiful video. Cinderella has been one of my favorite songs since I purchased SCC's newest CD months ago and I rarely got through it without shedding a tear or two before Wednesday's horrible tragegy. Now, it just opens the floodgates. Steven's message was on target for so many of us. I tend to get in my "business mindset" too often and don't always appreciate the simple, everyday moments. Maria's tragic accident has reminded me to try harder to be in the moment with my girls, even if the laundry is piling up and there are dishes in the sink.
Lifting up the Chapmans in prayer,
Michelle

Erin said...

This song is so beautiful. Quite amazing that he wrote it... and then his thoughts at the end are especially beautful. I feel so sad for them. Grief is so brutal. Your words are very true, Anna.