Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day. It's all about love, baby. Isn't it really a made up sort of holiday set aside for people to give cheesy (OK, they are not ALWAYS cheesy) gifts and say nice things to the ones they love the most that they really should be saying all year long? Now, before you think I am one of those cranky types that poo-poos on all the holidays.....think again. I still 'observe' Valentine's Day.

I help my kids with ideas and designs for their treasured school valentine receptacles. I buy Valentine's for them way in advance(don't they come out the day after Christmas?) so that they get the ones they want and not lame left overs. Last night at 10pm, my husband and I sat in the kitchen designing and coloring posterboard placemats for the kids and setting out their appropriate valentine goodies so that they would know how much their dad and I love them. And I certainly do have long standing fantasies of being surprised by my husband on Valentine's Day with him whisking me off to some unknown destination (Italy tops the list....hey a girl has got to dream BIG) and having all of the kids taken care of and packed for (didn't I say I dream BIG).

But, I have what I consider an amazing relationship with my husband year round. I love that guy. I mean that kind of deep, to your toes, all the way through your heart and soul kind of love for him. He is kind, he is funny, he is dedicated to the happiness of our family, he is a hard worker, he is handsome, he is a tremendous example to me everyday of goodness and LOVE with every action. I wish I were better at making HIM feel this every day. But, I will use this new tool I have to tell him.......


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY BRIAN!!! You are my valentine every day of the year! I love you!

(now could someone PLEASE tell me how to post pictures of him.....I am lost!)

6 comments:

Mom to my China Posse said...

Happy Valentines Day my friend! Now you and Barbie have made me feel bad, here I did my entire posts on Valentines day for my kids, lol......... I forgot my hubby who I hope has a exotic trip planned for me, but realize the cup of coffee we shared this mornning mught be our only alone time of the day.Happy Valentine day to you and Brian! Kathy

Patricia said...

Sounds like you have the perfect Valentine's Day, every day!! What a great post!
Have a WONDERFUL day!!

Erin said...

Anna! You have a blog! I was going to answer one of your comments and offer to set one up for you. To post photos:
1. Click on picture icon (looks like a landscape) at the top of the post (if you hold the cursor over it, it says "Add image")
2.A window will pop up. Click on "browse".
3. Find folders of photos on your computer (probably under "My Documents")
4. double click on the photo you wish to post (remember to choose the one you want on the bottom first---it is like filling a glass with water
5. click orange "upload" button
6. when you see the photo, click the "done" button that will pop up.
7. Journal in between photos.
8. Hit "publish post".
(Hope I gave the correct instructions!)
It is just like attaching a photo to an e-mail, if you have ever done that. Just keep playing around, and you will get it! You can go to "flickr.com" or "slide.com" to make free collages and slide shows (save the collages as a picture in your folders, then re-post) It is FUN!!! Can't wait to see. Comment on my blog if you want to have help with anything else that I have done! I actually think that I have your e-mail address someplace, so I can e-mail you!

Anonymous said...

I love this...and it surely makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one who found blogging to be intimidating...ya, just like jr. high (torturous). Anyway, thanks for the reassurance...don't make your blog too cutesy or I'll really feel left out - I don't have anyone to show me how to liven mine up. Love ya.

Jill said...

That was a sweet blog. I am going to cut and paste what you said about Brian and put Mike's name in. You said it perfectly. I really won't because it might be a bit awkward if Mike found out, but it was sweet. Thanks for your Valentine message to our family as well.

Mom M. said...

I agree that Brian is pretty awesome.

Mom Madsen