
So this picture was taken on September 13, 2007. It was our first full moment standing together, reunited, as a family of 8. We are tired (Brian, Eric(the oldest boy), Sarah and I are anyway)but so content. So relieved to be all together again. I love this picture. I really love it!!! It was the end of the long physical journey to bring Sarah home. Brian and I had missed our kids so desperately. It was almost palpable the last few days in China. We had shopped, we had toured Shamian Island, we had shopped some more, we had played in the pool, we had eaten and we were DONE. We were ready....we were SO ready. Ready to be together again. Ready to face whatever Sarah's doctors had in store for her. Ready to grow as a family. We had felt so protected on our journey. We were still in the infancy of our bonding with Sarah but felt reassured that it would continue to progress if we could just get her home. And here we are. HOME! Well, at least in the same continent, same state and same city as our home.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Just wanted to share it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












4 comments:
Anna, you have a BEAUTIFUL family!! I see joy in every face in that photo...it's no wonder why you love it! :)
Cute picture! We want to come and visit soon. Sarah has changed so much already! Just fyi..the top 100 is just a list of facts about you. You can read my cousins blogs via my blog..Heidi, Stephanie, and Betsy. They are fun to read, but hard to write. :-)
Hey, that picture looks so familiar. It's as if I was there or something...oh wait...I WAS there and it was a beautiful, happy day!! I just love your family so much!!
I love everything you wrote, and the picture is so beautiful... I think that must be what people's expressions look like when we reunite in heaven.... pure contentment!
Post a Comment