Friday, February 29, 2008

I never know what to title these

Still gettin' the hang of things here. Rebecca is set to have the blogover done by tomorrow. I admittedly am getting antsy-in-the-pantsy. I took too long to get her the photos she needed. It's my fault. So it should be ready soon.

So, my husband and I got to go out to lunch today. I love to go out to lunch with him. Heck, I love doing ANYTHING with him but, lunch is particularly fun for me. It seems to shorten the day and I get to see him more. Always a plus for me. He has been going through some stuff at work and trying to make big decisions and I figured he would like a short break. So me and the two girls picked him up from work and headed to our favorite local burger joint The Golden Wheel. It's been around forever. My best girlfriend remembers going there as a little girl and she is 30 now. I mean seriously...isn't that FOREVER???(lol) So while we were there and eating and having a grand time chatting he says to me

"you know, the more I adjust to Sarah's arrival home and everyone growing together, the more I think that we are done."

To which I said (with a big grin and a little twinkle in my eye): "you know hon, you have said that after each child"

"I know (with a smile) but, I mean it. I really think this is it." Says he

"Well, truth be told, me too. But, if Heavenly Father wants something more for us we've got to keep an open mind and heart." Said I

slight pause...."You're right."

So, the question begins to gel in my head. Are we really done adding members to our family? We certainly won't decide in a "once and for all" manner. I hope I am always listening for the path God wants us to be on. What he wants for these six precious souls entrusted to our love and care. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the needs of six kids. And more than just the physical juggling act. I am overwhelmed at the responsibility to teach them about Heavenly Father, to teach them to love others, to teach them goodness. How could I ever add another to the mix? But each and EVERY time, He has enlarged our capacity. He has strengthened us and given us capabilities we didn't know we had. When I look around at our kids, and when I hear them playing and being noisy, I can't even begin to fathom life without any one of them. What if's run through my mind like crazy. What if I had said no more after Jon (which is what I really felt like doing)? What if our hearts had not been led to adoption? What if, what if, what if?????? I am so grateful. I have gotten exactly what I wanted from this life. To be a wife. To be a mother. To be needed. And to know God loves me. Grateful indeed. We have had such wonderful times together as a family.

These are my sweet nieces left to right, Megan and Allie with my oldest son, Eric. Eric and Allie were born three weeks apart and Miss Megan is just one year behind.
Sam (our youngest boy) has always loved his cousin Matthew. Matthew travelled with us to China when we brought Sarah home.

7 comments:

Jill said...

I think for our own sanity we can say that each child is our last...I said that after everyone! It only takes time to know for sure. You guys are such great parents, I'll bet you could handle 4 or 5 more. If it makes you feel better, I was the sixth child in my family and I am definatly the best! My parents could have stopped with me and been just fine. lol

Mom to my China Posse said...

Anna, Never say never. lol..... from one Mother of 6 to another. lol...... Glad you and Brian got away for lunch, isn't that fun! Loved seeing Mathew in your pictures, wish he live closer, you know I have a 18 year old daughter. lol.....

Kathy

Patricia said...

How fun to take a break in the middle of the day! Glad you had fun!

You are a very special momma to those children of yours & an inspiration to the rest of us mommas out here! :)

May your lives be continually blessed!

living4him5 said...

Hi Anna! I know God led me to your post tonight (I always read your blog first..:) My Husband and I filled out a preliminary application for a second adoption. We are feeling led to South Korea. This would only be our fourth...ONLY!! Coming from a mom that thought after 11 years Trevor would be my only child. We are in shock, honestly! Our emotions are all over the place with this one. We just got home with Linzhi, I keep telling myself. But he's calling us again, quietly and slowly but he's leading us to another precious child. Then I read your post and I thought you know, I can do this again, I have so many wonderful, inspirational virtual friends out there that give me so much encouragement. Your post gave me some peace tonight and a confirmation that I need to let it all go and let him get to his business! And of course, we'll be faithful and go where he wants us to go o bring another angel into our lives...

Thank you Anna! I wish we lived closer, I'd run over and give you a hug!

Have a wonderful, blessed weekend!
Amy

Erin said...

I keep checking to see if you are in your new "digs"! Excited to see, and wow... wondering if you might end up with another child someday--- from this, I kind of think it is possible! Here's my vote... if you want it! You have such a cute brood... why not?

Jill said...

I LOVE the look of your blog! It's so YOU! I had a hard time finding out how to comment. Did she take off the "leave a comment" part at the bottom? I had to click on the title then scroll to the bottom to comment...not a big deal though. Congrats on your new look!

Desiree' said...

Never say never, my dh finally agreed that after Grace maybe we aren't done yet...

Love the new look!!! Very classy.