Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oh, bother!

Isn't that what Winnie the Pooh says? Oh, bother. I haven't even really started this venture and already I am feeling a bit intimidated. I am not naturally witty. I don't write that well. Heck, half the time I can't even speak that well. I want the blog to look good, I want to sound "good" (whatever that actually means) and I want to give an accurate accounting of the goings-on in the life of my amazing, wonderful, messy, at times demanding, sometimes cranky but always LOVED family. I love some of the blogs I see and read. The backgrounds are so clever, the sidebars created beautifully and SO FUN to read. There in it lies the problem....what if I am not fun? What if I am not crafty? I have wanted to start a blog for the longest time. Something has always held me back. Perhaps I feel a bit like I did in junior high. You remember that don't you....the "if I just hang back than I can participate but don't have to really stick out since maybe nobody really wants me here anyway" kind of thing? But, I am not in junior high anymore (shocking to admit huh?).

So, here I am. Determined to not be intimidated. Determined to tell it like it is for me. I live a grateful life. Truly I am a blessed woman. However, I have more than my fair share of insecurities. Or maybe it is just "my fair share". Like I just noticed how many times I put quotes around things. And how many times I feel the need to capitalize, as if to make my point in dramatic fashion. It is hard to type the way I talk. Feeling and expression can get lost here. But on I will press. I want to share with you. Maybe some things you would really rather I not share. But on I will press.

I still am in process (currently 'in queue' or so I am told) to have my blog made over 'pretty like'. I still am liking the title. It is our Party of Eight. And I would like to invite YOU to attend.

Have a great Tuesday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Can't wait to keep up with your party of eight! Glad to see you blogging my friend.

Kathy

Snowflowers Mum said...

fiddlesticks!

I think you will be just fine my friend! About time! join us!!! it's so much fun!

Hayley

loads of people can help you 'redesign' if thats what you want!!

Patricia said...

Hooray!! I was just thinking of you last night & wondered if you had a blog which I somehow missed! So glad you took the plunge! :)

And let me just say...you are off to a rockin' start! :)

Can't wait to read more! I'm adding you to my list!
Patricia/NYC

Desiree' said...

I think we all worry how we will sound in blog world. You are off to a great start. Can't wait to see the new look!!

Ramona said...

You go girl! Just you wait, you'll get as addicted to this whole blog thing as the rest of us are! Can't wait to see the re-do and photos!

Ramona

Jill said...

I am so proud of you Anna! You will be a great blogger...and what did you mean that you aren't a great writter!? You are great! I'll look forward to all the wonderfulness that will surely come from this blog. (if I can make up words, you can blog)