Monday, June 2, 2008

Memorial Day BBQ

On Memorial Day (am I really this behind?) we had a BBQ here at our house. I love to hold family and friend events here at my house. I hope people feel welcomed and loved and wanted when they come. I stress out about and my house is never quite clean enough but, still, the stress is worth it to me....well, most of the time (wink, wink!!) We had a good old fashioned BBQ of homemade hamburgers and hot dogs. When my mom asked what her food assignment was, she prefaced her question with "I will bring anything EXCEPT for the potato salad". Her potato salad is YUMMY! And I am not a big potato salad fan. But, it is mega labor-intensive. We would simply do without it. We all had a good laugh about her making enough for our big crew. We figured out what everyone was going to bring. And my mom (love you mom!) showed up with potato salad in hand!!! Does she love me or what????? We headed out to the backyard for some good old fashioned family baseball complete with stealing bases, bunting, strike outs and some serious competitiveness (not my favorite). But the weather was the real talk of the day. Wow did a spring rainstorm ever roll in!!! Complete with cracking thunder and lightning literally overhead followed by SHEETS of water. My goodness! It made for some great and funny memories as my brother got a tad jittery with the thunder and lightning and some of us got a tad wet. The cousins are always so fun and so good to my little girls. I love it. I think the girls love it even more.



2 comments:

Patricia said...

Sounds FABULOUS!!! Wish I lived near you, girl, I'd crash that party! ;)

And your mom....HOW SWEET!!!! Isn't that just like a mom, though?! Now I know who you take after! :)

So glad you all had a rockin' good time!

Carol said...

I didn't see this post originally...glad you had a fabulous day.
Also, all of this talk about your mom's potato salad has me craving it something fierce. I haven't ever undergone the 12 hour process yet :) :) :), but I might have to give in and make it myself.
Love you and your mom.