We have been taking some walks lately around here. I have just loved it. I have even subsituted some of my morning workouts at the YMCA for a good old fashioned power walk with two dogs on a leash. It seems to be even more effective at rejuvenating my spirit as well as my body. Even when the tired old bones seem to take some talking to to get moving. It has been a long spring around here with cooler than usual temperatures. I found myself complaining a few days back that I was ready, ready, READY for it to be warm and no more chilly. Then I pondered for a minute what I was doing. Was I really in a fired-up hurry for things to change from what they were? I remembered a few years back when our summer came earlier than expected and much HOTTER than expected. I complained then too. I decided then to savor the moment. To savor the beautiful greenery, the breeze that has been blowing near constant through the trees and really get outside and soak up the fact that it was warm enough to be outside without roasting me out already ;-) And then, of course, I began to think about the other things in my life. How it seems I am always ready for the next thing, the next experience, the next life changing moment. Seems that I forget (a lot) that the moment I am in deserves its' own glory and moment of delight for me to rest in. Heavenly Father surely is laying the groundwork in my life one moment at a time and I don't want to waste those moments by spending my time wishing for it to be something else. I love each one of these spirits that walked with me that day. (yes, even when I had to tell the littlest boy to get out of the middle of the road a half dozen times and interrupt two little fighting sisters a million times and stop my dog from being the scary :) protector that she is) My sister was even still here visiting and she came along. I truly savored the moment!!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Out for a walk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












11 comments:
There is nothing as refreshing as a beautiful walk on a nice day! I love to take them too. Thanks for the reminder to live in the moment and to enjoy the here and now!
Anna, I was in tears reading your post...How did you know I was feeling the same way...? I was just telling CJ how I need to just RELAX a bit when it comes to TIME. You made me feel so much better knowing I'm not alone in my struggles. Bless you my friend!!
Amy
ps.. CJ and I started taking nightly walks after the little ones are asleep and we love it!! Plus Trevor doesn't seem to mind babysitting when they're asleep...LOL
A nice reminder, Anna, to slow down. This is my last summer with Tanner before his mission. I love your street... it is beautiful!!! A very lovely place for a walk.
Its like stopping to smell the roses huh!!
And it can recharge EVERYones sprits!
This seems to be a common theme in blogland these days...cherish the here & now!! Great reminder, Anna!
We have always loved taking walks & now we even got Kiara into the habit!
Walk on! ;)
Anna, you crack me up!!! Yep...Taco Bell nachos...we went to the "border" late one evening...SUMMER SNACK ATTACK!
Blessings,
Amy
Hi Anna...
You wish you lived somewhere like Pittsburgh rather than Boise?!?! Granted, we do love it here...but doesn't Boise have sunny days almost all year long with no humidity?? That's what I've heard, anyway...
We've got gray skies here most of the fall, winter and early spring and lots of humidity in the summer! And, we don't have the mountains you have either!!
Still, there are lots of fun things to do around here - but most of them are just making the most of whatever the city has to offer and enjoying the outdoors when we can. I'm betting you will find lots of fun adventures this summer with your gang!
Shannon
Oops - posted as my husband by accident!
It's so good to see your wonderful family enjoying each other...I hope when I have children instead of child, mine will do the same...oh, about wavoring the moment, I saw Luke drinking out of the gutter the other day and while I was intensely grossed out, I couldn't stop laughing...LOL!!
Luv all of ya,
Aunt Melissa
p.s. still July ?? as far as I know.
I tend to do the same thing...thanks for the reminder to enjoy the moment I am in~
Lovin' those cute kids!
Post a Comment