Thursday, September 25, 2008

Football 'Take 2'

So it is time to show off my oldest son. Eric is nearly 14. Yikes! When did my firstborn get to be so old (and how did I get to be so old right along with him??). He is playing for his school. He is having a great time and he has some really fabulous friends on the team too. I thought it was particularly fun that his friends that he hangs around with, the ones that don't play football, all came to the game yesterday. Pretty decent for a scrappy bunch of teenage boys!! ;)

The played strong the whole game. As you can see from the final frame, Eric's team won. They are now 2-1. Seven games make up the whole season. Because I am his mom, I am allowed to gush for a minute right? He had been having such a hard time here and there with growing pains but, I am so very proud of this young man. He is working so hard in his classes(which carry an unbelievable load of homework!!), playing football, attending his youth meetings, attending church, being a good friend and doing his responsibilities around the house. Sometimes it gets kind of overwhelming to him. But he rallies and he perseveres. What a privelege to be his mom! We love you Eric!


That's our guy! #64!! (when did they get so ginormous??)




All sweaty and done with a great game



P.S. It is Mandi's three year anniversay of Gotcha Forever Day!! I am working on a post for her. Lots and lots of pictures of that little ball of sunshine. Hope to post it by tonight. Have a terrific Thursday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric is so awesome! We feel terrible we won't be able to see him play this year...wah. Tell him we're proud of him, too.

Aunt Melissa

Carol said...

Yeah Eric!!!

Jill said...

When DID Eric get so old!? He is such a great kid. I can't imagine him tackling anyone on the field! I will have to see it believe it! lol He looks very studly in his uniform. They even get their own cheerleaders! Very impressive. :-)

Erin said...

He is simply adorable, Anna! What cute boys you have! Their goodness shines through!

Amie said...

Awwww... what a cool young man! Made me proud and I'm not his mama!
Way to go Eric!

btw- Pretty sure those cheerleaders aren't just their to cheer. I'm jsut sayin'. Hold on to your horses.. The girls are going to be after this one!

:)
Amie

The Ferrill's said...

They do look so big on that football field! Way to go, guys!

Sheri said...

What a great kid! Isn't it amazing how it seems like overnight they are these big guys? I remember pulling up to a baseball field at the beginning of the season and thinking I was at the wrong field because all the boys looked too big, but it was the right field!!

Elder Cook said...

Anna I love little league football so much its a total blast. Eric is so cute or would he rather hear handsome. Your family is darling and growing so much.