Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Homework Happenings




I thought that once a kid hit eighth grade that parents would no longer be required to participate in gluing, sticking, coloring and drawing three dimensional models. Ummm, apparently I was mislead. And what to make of our intelligent and hard working, football playing, student council participating, church going, friendly young man who knew for nearly a WHOLE week (that's SEVEN days in case you forgot) that this needed to be completed and decided to request specific help the day before???? All in good fun.....we were mega-tired (though that seems to be a near constant around here) but Brian, Jacob and I rose to the occasion to help out. Jacob even managed to work in some hysterical humor and made one seriously impressive structure for the project!! Eric gathered all the facts and printed pictures and headed to project. We were just his gopher-boys (or girls as the case may be). One replicated version of Idaho's Silver City coming up.....grade to be determine!

P.S. on a totally unrelated and ridiculously unimportant note.....the bow in my hair was the result of late-night hairdo exasperation. It belongs to my daughter. I do not routinely walk around with little girl bows in my hair. OK, well sometimes, but not this particular (large, no less) one!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I was Eric-like as a student. It drove my mom absolutely crazy!! You too should have a chat about that sometime. Anyway, hang in there. In college, there are NO 3-D projects, nor is homework YOUR problem anymore.

Aunt Melis

Snowflowers Mum said...

hi Anna..just wanted to let you know I passed the ERGO to Kris, I hope you don't mind. I know she will get great use from it when she goes to China for her little one. Tahks again, it was a wonderful help.

Jill said...

Good job on the project. He will always remember how his family rallied to help him get it done. You guys are so awesome.

PS I love the hair bow!! You have no reason to be ashamed. :-) You look very "sassy"

The Ferrill's said...

Great project!
And I am SO laughing about the hair bow because tonight I had one on at dinner that I stuck in my hair after Kimmie's bath! What's funny is the family doesn't even notice crazy stuff like this anymore! ;)
By the way, I have a major football nut in my home too. Actually two...a 10 and 8 year old...they breathe it. Seriously.

living4him5 said...

Great project!!! Your boys are so handsome!! You look adorable in your outfit girl, I love your top!! Where did you get it??

Have a great Thursday!
Amy

Patricia said...

Nice job!! And I can relate to Eric...I was always last minute with all my projects! ;)

Love the hairbows! ;)
This summer as we were walking to a concert (Bon Jovi) in Central Park, I walked the entire way with Kiara's clips in my hair & had NO IDEA!! Two 17 yr. olds tapped me on the shoulder & said, "um...excuse me, but you have something in your hair"...SHEESH!!

Amie said...

Superstar mom you are!!! I CANNOT at all relate to doing homework the last minute.. I was always TOTALLy prepared and NOT a procrastinator. Wish I could jive with you here, but I just can't.. I'm a planner. NOT. You brought me back to some good times I must have put my mom through! So glad he has an involved mom who cares to help him rally at the last minute. YOU ROCK!

btw- you and your cute little self can carry off the bow. Sassy comes to mind. I MIGHT have worn a BIG bow out of the house after a beauty parlor session with the 3 little girls. And I did not look sassy.. But rather more like Nelly Olson after a rumble in the dirt street with Mary. Not the best look when picking the kids up from the bus stop.

Happy Day!

:)
Amie