Sunday, March 9, 2008

Isn't it grand?



This is our youngest baby girl just a few days after Gotcha/Forever Family Day in September of 2007. Sarah was born with a series of cardiac defects that we knew was complicated but didn't know just how much so until we brought her home(at last). As you can tell she was fairly cyanotic and they had cut her beautiful hair very short. She was so timid and so very frightened. Our first "morning after" with her was both delightful and heartbreaking to witness and she gobbled up everything we gave her. Almost to the point that she made herself sick. It was so evident she was acting on instinct. As if to be sure to give herself as much as possible while it was available. And when she would cry...as we took her in our arms...we had many people point out to us that something was "wrong" with your baby (referencing her cyanosis) It was heartbreaking.

Fast forward to March 2008........





I can hardly believe it sometimes. We are two months to the day post surgery. The change in her has been nothing short of miraculous. She has beautiful hair that grows every night. We laugh that her hair is like the old playdoh toys that "grew" hair so you could trim it. In this photo she has the cutest pigtails all curled with bows. Her soft spot is finally closing (it was still just like an infants when we got her due to her malnutrition and poor circulation). It is a miracle. She is so excited with all of her newfound energy that she gets a little ahead of herself. She fell outside the other day trying to run to catch her sister and friends. But she was having the time of her life. All of the glory for this little treasure goes to Heavenly Father. He has certainly brought miracles to this little girl and to our family. She is amazing. She is all dressed and ready to go to church.



This bunch of kids makes our hearts so happy. They are left to right:
Jakers, Jon, Sarah, Mandi Mei, Sammers and Eric.

And finally..............



This is the beloved band of brothers. These four were all born within 6 1/2 years of each other. Sure they fight sometimes but, they look out for each other. Their dad and I say mighty prayers that they will learn the best of life's lessons with each other.

All for one and one for all
My brother and my friend
What fun we have
The time we share
Brothers 'til the end.
~Author Unknown

16 comments:

Patricia said...

GREAT photos, Anna!! Look at that sweet Sarah & those rosy pink cheeks now!! Fabulous! God is so great!!

BEAUTIFUL children! Love the "band of brothers"!! Looks like lots of fun always going on in your house!

living4him5 said...

Hi Anna, your post was so touching today. BEAUTIFUL kiddos!!!

Have a wonderful week!
Amy

Chelley said...

Your kids look like butter wouldnt melt in their mouths!!!

Ahhh the girls are so going to love having four older brothers to look out for them when they are older!!!!

Chelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kitchu said...

Oh I have to pass on that saying to my sister (4 boys) and brother (4 boys, one girl)! I can't imagine how scary it was seeing your little girl cyanotic- amazing how she's done since surgery!

Mom to my China Posse said...

All I can say is WOW! I actually remember when that picture of you and Sarah was taken In China, in fact I took one identical and I can't beleive how healthy she looks now. Praise God! You have such a beautiful family, I can't wait to meet them all.
Kathy

Barbie said...

I am so glad you posted this Anna! Sarah truly is a miracle!! I love to see the changes in her and her JOY for life now!! Your whole family is beautiful and I am so glad I know you ALL!!

Have a GREAT day!

Jill said...

Such a cute family. Sarah is TOO cute! Those chubby cheaks make me want to kiss her! I love how Mandi is smiling at her in the photo. I still get a kick out of the "photo smiles" your boys give. They are so handsome. You are on the ball to have the kids ready for pictures before church. Our pictures would have to be in the car on the way over.

Carol said...

Yeah! I am glad to see that you have a new post. Sarah looks fabulous as does Mandi, Sam, Jon, Jake and HOLY COW...is that huge kid on the end Eric? I know kids grow fast, but man, seeing him with all of the boys in a row just shows how much he has grown lately. Tell him I think that he is awsome. Oh yeah, and I think his mom is pretty awsome too.

Mom M. said...

Anna,

I'm always so happy to see pictures of my grandchildren..you seem to be able to capture them at their best. I love them so much...so glad that God has given me the opportunity to be a grandma to "soon to be" 15. Thanks for sharing.

Love, Mom Madsen

Michelle R Photography said...

I am so glad to hear Sarah is doing so well post surgery. She looks so healthy (and beautiful!). Your family photo is great.

Jana said...

What a gorgeous family!! Blessings to you and sweet Sarah -- the transformation in the photos IS miraculous. I can only imagine the transformation in real life.

Stefanie said...

Okay, are they ALL adorable or what? Your boys probably don't want to hear that, but they are. And your girls, well, that picture of them smiling up on the fireplace is the CUTEST!! SISTERS! :) I love it. That Sarah has come such a long way, praise God!!

AmyO said...

Your children are so cute. Great pictures :)

living4him5 said...

Hi Anna!

Thank you for the sweet comments and NO WAY can I drive across a bridge...LOL...I'm with you on that one girl!!!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Amy

3 Peanuts said...

Anna,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment. I am so grateful that you posted it. Harry is still home sick and we are snuggled up in my bed watching a movie but I had to respond. I have thought about you and your little girl and how her recovery was going but I could not find your site again (on MAW). So, I was elated to be able to find you here. Looks like Mandi is doing well:)

Kate is coming back to us but she was gone for about 6 days. It has been scary and now we need to find out what has cuased the seizures.

I look at families like yours though who have been through so much more and I know we'll get through all of this too.

I have preayed for your family since I found ya'll around Christmas.

Blessings,

Kim