UPDATE: Did I mention that this is HARD for me? Oh my. I did full weights this morning. I must have been thinking that I was hot stuff and I did too heavy of weights or something because my legs feel like JellO and my arms feel like goo. And it's raining today(though rain is beautiful!)! Isn't is supposed to go..."I can see clearly now, the rain is gone......" Oh well. Tomorrow I will be back at it and trying to bust a move on the eliptical. 
So, I am trying a new way. I have felt yucky this winter. Y.U.C.K.Y. With the rush of the holiday season and the surgery for little Sarah and her recovery and the persistent cold and BROWN landscape I have just felt a little mentally foggy. You know the kind with cobwebs that seem to cover every corner of the mind. January is usually a difficult month for me anyway since the post holiday let down sets in and it is the month when my dad unexpectedly passed away. I have actually done better this year than year's past and for that I am profoundly grateful. But, the yuckies persisted and I FINALLY decided that I had had it. IT!!!! Finished. Done. Over. Sayonara.
I started a strict exercise program. I get up at 6:30am each morning Monday through Friday. I do full cardio three days a week and a brief 10 minute warm up followed by circuit weights the other two days. Each morning when the alarm goes off I groan. Every fiber in me loathes the first moment I sit on the edge of the bed. Gone are the "springing" out of bed days. (well unless we are going to Disneyland) But after five minutes into the process at the local YMCA, I am good to go. I feel the groove comin' back. Anna's gettin' her GROOVE on. At night I am tired. But the yummy, comfy, crawl into your bed ready to rest tired. My muscles are sore...this is especially noticeable on the way up the stairs to the girls' rooms. But I feel like maybe the cobwebs are beginning to clear. The windows are opening. Maybe this new way is THE way..........I still hate it :-)
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Trying a New Way
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












10 comments:
I love your blog and your family is adorable!
After a good workout, I notice the aches in places when going upstairs too!
DID you say Disneyland, we love Disneyland!!!ID be up in a heartbeat and so would my sleepy heads at home.
I hope those cobwebs continue to clear!
Way to go Anna! I need to get my GROOVE on as well. I think I would have so much more energy.
One thing though, PROMISE me your tush will NOT look like the one in the picture! lol!! Something is way wrong with that...
I am so proud of you!!! It takes some serious commitment to get up that early and I am glad that you are commiting yourself to a healthier life. I hope you have a fabulous, cobweb-free day. If not, call me. :) :) :) I love you!!
I just found your blog through Barbie's blog. I followed you through Myadoptionwebsite when you adopted Sarah and prayed for you all when she had her surgery. I'm so glad you now have a blog. You have a beautiful family, and I'm thrilled to see that Sarah is doing so well!
Go, Anna, Go!! I've been feeling the same way & started my exercise program a few weeks ago...I immediately noticed the difference!
It really IS the way to go...but, do agree...I hate it too! ;)
Hey Anna. Good job on your work outs! It's so true, exercise makes such a difference in so many areas! (like bum, arms, thighs...lol) Mindy and I are here reading your blog together,...she is proud of you too. She doesn't get up until 8:00 then after the kids leave for school, she crawls back to bed! You have inspired her! See you soon.
Hey Anna! I wish I could get my bum up that early to work out, I am not a morning person so I typically don't work out until 8pm after I put the girls down. Anyway, after reading your blog last night YOU encouraged me to get my GROOVE on (I was trying to talk myself out of working out...lol) Thanks girlfriend!
Amy
WOW!!! I can't imagine getting up 30 minutes earlier than I already do! YOU GO GIRL!!!
:-)
-Nicole
Good for you. I run 3-4 times a week and I need it mentally!
We received our TA this week and wil be leaving on the 27th...yahooo!
Wat to go, Anna! I just started running again after a 1 1/2 year hiatus! I need it! (But it really is hard to haul myself out of bed in the A.M.!)Also, I am sad for you about your Dad---
Post a Comment