Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Livin' La Vida Loca on Vacation

Vacations are wonderful! Especially with a lot of kids. We are visiting Mike and Jill (Mike is Brian's brother and Jill his fabulously fun wife (she is also pregnant)) and hanging out together. We travel in a few days to another state to spend some time with Deana (my sister) and Marty and their family. They still have lots and lots of snow of the ground where they live so we are hoping for some fun in the sun....er, snow.

Yesterday we visited "The Barn" and Sarah was absolutely OVERJOYED with it all. All of my children have enjoyed being around animals but Sarah was giddy at the whole experience. She fed corn to the donkey, talked to the horses, giggled at the two male peacocks fighting for the attention of the two females who could not have been more persistent in their distain for them. By the way, how did I get to be this many years old that I am and not know that there was such a thing as a pure white peacock?? I had no idea. What a pleasant surprise. But I digress. Sarah and Mandi (and the boys) helped to feed corn to the goats and sheep too. But surely the highlight was the simple pony ride for the kids. As soon as little Sarah got up on that Shetland pony she was all grins. When he started walking she, literally, burst out laughing. Even my big kid Eric got in on the action. He was such a great help with all the kids and still had a good time. All the cousins had a grand time. One of the things that struck me was how inexpensive the whole thing was ($3.50 per kid, Sarah was FREE) and how much fun they all had. It wasn't grand. It was just a fun way to spend a beautiful spring afternoon with all of our kids.

Today we are headed to see dad's Alma Mater and take the kids to lunch and bowling. Should be a good time. Sarah isn't sleeping so great as she is not really loving being in a PortACrib but she is reassured easily so for that we are grateful. Ella is doing great. We were successful getting her to swallow her first pill last night. We hid it in a little bit of chicken. Presto!! The cousins all playing together are noisy and chaotic but so awesome. They get along great and are having a blast playing together. Casie and Annie (cousins) had to go to school today as their spring break is over. This was sad for everyone and so my kids are anxiously looking forward to their return this afternoon.



What a beautiful bunch of kids. This is the Easter Sunday picture I promised.



Hiding away in Casie's room where we sleep I found Brian fast and furiously checking his NCAA tournament brackets. Cracked me up!!



This is Brandon. The girls must think he is really a horse. He doesn't seem to mind.



The girls meet a baby goat when we entered The Barn.



Sarah is talking to the donkey. But it's not a flying, talking donkey like in Shrek.


Sarah and her adorable cousin Luke. Too bad they are related. Isn't he darling?



I LOVE this mom and dad! Don't worry...mom is just out of the camera shot.



So funny...I think that this goat wants to eat us!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Bearden's Rock! This is going by so fast...Let's do lots of crazy things in these next two days..we need some good blog material. Could you try to Yak again? I would like to capture a shot of that. lol

Carol said...

I absolutely love the picture of Mandi and Sarah on top of the dog. So cute!!! Also, the one of Sarah on the pony reminds me so much of Jacob on the pony when he was her size. Didn't that just happen? Man, it is going too fast! As a side note, my kids also really loved the Dinosaur Museum that they have down there. It costs a little bit more, but it was lots of fun. Now come home.

Patricia said...

Looks like you all are having a fabulous time!! I never knew about white peacocks either...but then again, being a city girl, I don't think I've ever seen a regular peacock in person! ;)

LOVE the photo with the baby goat!!
Have a GREAT time on the rest of your vacation!

Barbie said...

So glad to hear you are having a fun visit with your family!! Love the pictures of the kids. Now you are going to have to buy a goat for your backyard! Sarah deserves it ya know.

Sheri said...

Looks like you are all having a wonderful time together. Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to share pictures with us!