Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Mighty Plea

**UPDATE **UPDATE **UPDATE **UPDATE**

Sounds like things are looking up for Andrew and for Kathy and Andy but there are still so many unanswered questions and so many unknowns. Please continue to pray for peace and healing for them. The following is from a friend of Kathy's:

Hello everyone. Well we have some encouraging news, the doctors have been able to stabilize Andrew's left leg. They did however find what they had suspected. All of Andrew's muscles and nerves were destroyed. They were able to get a pulse in the foot, but are not sure he will have use of it. Kathy says the main worry at the moment is infection. Andrew has no casing on his leg, so he just has an open hole, if you will. The plan is to do more work I believe Saturday and then on Tuesday they will go back in to surgery and take stomach muscle for a graft and hope that takes. If it does it would seem to suggest the leg will be saved. The doctors have been bringing him in and out of the drug coma and he is able to respond to their questions, so this is very good news as well. Kathy is very tired, but very optimistic! Keep the prayers and positive energy coming, it is going to be a very long road for them.



Our dear friend Kathy, who were with us in Nanchang and the rest of our China journey for Sarah (they journeyed for their precious Annah) needs your prayers. Her and Andy's beloved son Andrew has been in a terrible accident. Kathy is the kindest and most loving woman and her family is in desperate need of your prayers and good wishes. I have spoke with Kathy on email and they have received some encouraging news on the status of his brain injury but the condition of his leg is of grave concern. He is still very very critical. Here is a copy of an email that my friend Stefanie received from a friend of Kathy's:

Kathy Lowe's bio 16 year old son was in an awful wreck last night. It is bad...very bad. Please say a prayer for Andrew, and please add him to any prayer chain you know about. Kathy was on the way to their local hospital to be by the side of a good friend whose 16 year old daughter just died in a non-related accident, when Kathy got the call that her own son had just been airlifted to Springfield, MO. My heart is breaking for Kathy. He made it through the night. His brain is swollen and bleeding. He has multiple broken bones. His leg is destroyed, and the doctors do not think they can save it. They are not sure he will survive another night. It is as serious as it can get. Please pray.
Kathy is BEGGING for prayer. Please enlist all prayer warriors you know.
His name is Andrew Lowe. He is 16, and just got his license.




We love you LOWE family!!!

10 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Anna, As you can imagine, this hits me very hard. I pray that Andy will be healed. I feel so deeply sad for his family. What a beautiful smile he has. What a beautiful boy. I am just crying... I feel heartbroken for them.

Carol said...

Dang...my heart stopped when I saw what had happened. Tell Kathy I am praying for their whole family. Oh man, this life is painful sometimes. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog along with Barbies and Stephanie's. I am praying today too. I live in the springfied area. Do you know what hospital they are at. I would love to do something for them.

Melissa T. in Mo

Sheri said...

I am praying for this family during this incredibly difficult time! Thanks for sharing this.

Linette said...

Hi Anna!

I too live near Spfld, MO. Is there anything I can do? I did find out Andrew is at St John's in ICU. Kathy and I are in the same adoptive families group here. I'm praying and asking everyone I know to pray for Andrew!

living4him5 said...

Hi Anna, this post went right through my heart! I am praying for the whole family. Please keep me updated!!

Enjoy your vacation, my friend!!

Amy C

living4him5 said...

Hi Anna, this post went right through my heart! I am praying for the whole family. Please keep me updated!!

Enjoy your vacation, my friend!!

Amy C

Mindy said...

You are so good to post this for them...thats a good idea. Of course I will pray for them, its been heavy on my mind all day. Let us know how he is. We will keep praying. Sounds like you had fun at Jill and Mikes. They are about the easiest to be around people I know!

Jill said...

Hey, I'm glad things are looking "a little" better. I am sure they still have a long road ahead. He is very lucky! Did you ever hear if the Church was able to contact the family?

I hope you had a good trip to Wyoming. I know you won't have quite as much fun as you did with us...but try to make the best of it. lol

Mom M. said...

Anna, My best friend's husband had his legs run over by a cement trip in Germany last July. He had many, many skin grafts (there was no skin left on his legs) and many painful hours. After almost three months in the German Hospital, he was transferred to Colorado where they live. He is now WALKING with a cane..they thought he would not even live. Love, Mom