Often when I have thought about things that I wanted to share through this blog I have become mildly intimidated and convinced that my sweet friends out there had no interest in hearing about the deeper things that rattle around in my brain and consume my heart and so I have (mostly) stuck to the stuff that is light and fun and easy to share.
But something has been on my mind lately and I wanted to share. I have long had a deep and abiding testimony in my Savior, Jesus Christ. In fact, as a teenager, I am quite certain that this belief is what halted my descent down a road that Heavenly Father did not want me to travel. It was the first time I recall feeling saved, both literally and figuratively. The first time I felt the ABSOLUTE assurity of God's love for me and his deep interest in my well being. I KNEW it. It was no longer something wonderful I had been taught and hoped to be true....I KNEW it. And still, I have struggled over and over in my life with the feeling of being 'enough'. I have agonized over not being good enough as a young woman, not a good enough wife, not a good enough mother, not a good enough friend. The Great Deceiver (we not-so-affectionately refer to Satan as the Big Fat Liar around here) has paraded his mantra around in my mind over and over again. His voice has echoed in my mind and heart whenever fear and doubt would creep in. The years have passed. With each passing year, each passing month, day, hour or minute I have sought my Heavenly Father's peace to know that I am enough. That the righteous desires of my heart and soul would prevail in this battle for my self worth. And with collective hours on my knees in prayer and seeking out help through scriptures, through professionals and through love I know now that I AM enough. I read something this afternoon that brought me to tears. It spoke of the time our Savior spent on the cross. The suffering He alone had to bear. Seeing the faces in the crowd that mocked Him and despised Him. And yet, He bore it. And He alone felt the agony of the suffering of the world. And had it been ONLY me, He would have done it. He knows me. And He loves me. I was worth it. And I am enough.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Am I enough?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












6 comments:
Yes you are!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you always will be! I love you my dear, sweet friend. Thank you for always reminding me that I too, am enough.
BTW, that BIG FAT LIAR has been hanging around me far too much lately. I must be trying to do something right. :)
Anna,
Reading your post today was very timely! I was JUST talking about this today! We had Luke's 2nd post-placement meeting this afternoon and our social worker started talking about how great she and the other SWs thought we were and how they hold us in high regard! I felt myself SINKING into my couch! My response... "well, this is interesting. I normally think I suck." It wasn't timely or appropriate to say and I normally don't use that word but for some reason I just blurted it out!!! Embarassing but... it was the truth. I appreciate your transparency!
HUGS,
-Nicole
It was comforting to read that you(whom I think is fabulous) has, at times, moments of doubt that you are enough...We are both indeed enough and I am so glad that you married my brother...I always needed an inspiring sister... :-)
That was all a bit cheezy....It was all true, though.
Ah, that is what makes this all beautiful. We are enough when we have Jesus Christ as our Savior! We are nothing without Him. He bore our shame on that cross! Thank you for sharing from your heart!!!
Thank you Anna! I have been struggling with a few issues lately and your words were such a comfort to my soul. The adoption community has blessed me with so many dear friends and I count you as one. You inspire me girl!
Hugs!
Amy
Anna... beautiful and heartfelt thoughts. I think you are just such a wonderful mother and wife, and your family is so blessed to have you. What you have accomplished in your life, is nothing short of astonishing, and I think many people would look to you as a remarkable woman... one to emulate! (I know I do!)
Post a Comment