Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hittin' the Road and other random things.......



Well, we're putting the pedal to the metal, the rubber to the road. We are headed out tonight. Brian and I are going to a fun and unique hotel they have here in town. I can hardly wait. Then we are headed out of state to help my oldest sister move into her temporary housing while they await some more details to fall into place for their final move. My mom is staying here with our kids. It will be the first time we have left Sarah. I am worried about it only from the standpoint of her comfort level. But Sarah adores my mom so I am sure all will be well. I always treasure alone time with my main man. He is so fun to be around and as you all know, it is difficult to have time to just "be" as a couple. We love to hang out together so it will be great. We return in just a few days.

The middle boys are also participating in a pinewood derby tonight with their Scout troop. Man do they get excited about this annual tradition. Jake's is decked out in Royal Blue and Jon's a fantastic shade of Goblin Green. I always enjoy going because the boys are all so excited. Brian does such a great job of helping them get ready and by the time it is time for the race to start, they are chompin' at the proverbial bit to get 'er done!!!


Go Jon and Jake!!!!!

Also, on a totally unrelated front, we have baby birds in our porch nest. We have a twig wreath on our porch here at home that my husband has long referred to as "the bad hair day". Use your imagination to think of your worst bedhead. There you have it. Anyhow, it is a favorite of the birds in our area. It offers a natural environment and relative protection from the elements. Each year we have found a new nest in it and usually birds are born there. Last year we lost all the eggs to a big old cranky bird who attacked the nest. This year we are so thrilled that four little guys have hatched out of those little shells. We tried and tried for our own photo but, our reluctance to disturb the mama or the nest too much resulted in some pretty out of focus or hard to "see" photos. So I got this one from the web. Our birdies are TINY still. They can't have been out of the egg more than a week yet. But, you get the idea. New life is amazing...no matter what form it comes in.



Have an amazing weekend....no matter what you are doing!

6 comments:

Barbie said...

I hope YOU have a fabulous weekend away with Brian!! You two are such a great, amazing couple. :-)

My boys participated in the Grand Prix derby in AWANA for years. We loved it!! We have kept all of their cars.

Have Fun!!

Carol said...

Tell the boys good luck at the race. Also, I hope that you and Brian have a wonderful time together! Be safe and don't hurt your back while doing all that moving. :)

Denise said...

Have fun with your hubby! As a mom to 5, I know how rare time alone together can be!

living4him5 said...

Hi Anna! Have a wonderful time and take advantage of time alone with your hubby!!

Amy =)

Jill said...

You are by FAR the most traveling people I know..it's great. I am happy for you that it's just you and Brian. Those weekends are so rare. Have fun.

The birds are amazing. How fun for your kids!

Chelley said...

hoping YOU ARE having a fabulous weekend