Sunday, April 13, 2008

The beloved Butterfinger Cake

OK, many many of you have asked for this recipe. I will give it to you if you promise not to crack up at how easy it is. Heck, it's not really even a recipe. More like basic instructions. Still, a treasured family favorite.

Here we go..........got your pencil or pen ready????

1 Angel Food cake mix, prepared per instructions on the box but cooked on an extra large cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees (I think that is the temp on the box..if it's not, use the one on the box)

1 carton heavy whipping cream, whipped and sweetened to taste. (we have also used Cool Whip Light instead....just don't use full strength Cool Whip as it makes it sicky sweet)

8 full size Butterfinger bars cut in small bits/bites (use the snack size too, just use a bunch)

**After cake has cooled COMPLETELY then "frost" with whipped cream and douse heavily with cut up Butterfinger bars. Chill one hour (or not if you just can't wait) YUMMY! YUMMY!

Note: you can use a basic white cake mix cooked in a cookie sheet and it is still good...just not GREAT!

So, there it is. The big secret recipe. If you try it, let me know how you liked it. And let me know when I can come over and get a slice :-)

Update on Monday morning 04/14/08:
Ummmm....feeling a little worried that I have disappointed you all because of the non-recipe-ness of this little treat. Hmmmm...maybe I had better go make another to make myself feel better.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Are you kidding? The more simple the recipe, the better! Especially if it looks fancy and like it took a lot of work. :)