Monday, April 28, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We are home. We got back yesterday afternoon. What a wonderful weekend we had. Our night in the theme hotel was absolutely wonderful. What a fun place to stay. Then it was off to my sister's for some serious moving. We were so happy to help and we got so much done. Brian stated that he can officially feel his age. I mean, he's been 40 for a week now. What do you expect? Eric(our oldest) asked this morning "how come dad needs to 'recover' from moving....I mean, did he hurt himself???" Funny, I remember wondering those same things about my parents. When did we turn into them :-)

From reports, kids did great with grandma. My kids just love having grandma around. Especially the girls. Sarah has a dr. check-up today. I am anxious for that to check her growth and some problems we have been having with her chest incision.

So much seems to be going on right now. I am not sure why it feels like life is running at warp speed. We have made such concerted effort to slow down. We are trying to choose for our family the better part, not just the good part. But, wow! Sometimes it feels like it spins out of control and we spend our time trying to catch up.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I hear you on that one and I only have two kids! Good luck with everything. You seem to have endless energy...too bad we dont live closer or we could do some serious damage..at least at the stores...I think I am the only one in my family who loves to shop!

living4him5 said...

Hi Anna! So glad you and hubby had a wonderful time together. As much as we need to get away once in awhile, it's always nice to come home.

Enjoy your week!
Amy

Jill said...

Hey Anna. Glad you made it back in "peace and saftey". You are always so sweet go help people with moving/painting/decorating. I guess tomorrow at about this time I will be finding out if you get to come and help me paint blue or pink! (if you still want to) I will give Brian a couple of months to "recover" before we make any plans. :-)

Carol said...

I am glad that you are home. I hope that all went well at the Doctor's. At least this is her last shot (hopefully) for a while. Love you.

Barbie said...

Welcome Home! I am glad you had such a wonderful time!! I left town on Sunday with Hannah, Ryan and my mom. We decided to go to my older sister's house in Bend, Oregon because two of her daughters just had babies. We are having a lot of fun and Hannah and Ryan are LOVING holding the babies.

I hope things slow down for your family so you have more time just to "be".

Love ya,
Barbie

Jill said...

Ok Anna...here is your PRE-compliment. I will come up with a new one for my official post..:-)

I seriously admire the energy you have. You are always up and rearing to go. I wish I had half of your "zest for life"! I also admire how happy you are in the morning! When you stayed at our house, I heard you and Brian laughing in the WEE hours..(like 8:00) it was a nice feeling to wake up to.