Thursday, April 10, 2008

What a week!!

I'm still here. Well, sort of. No really, we are all doing great. My sister Deana and her family arrived last Friday night and we have been mostly on the run ever since. We have watched conference, ate, played games, ate, looked at houses, ate, gone to the movies, ate, gone out to eat, ate, exercised, ate, talked, ate, laughed, ate.....well, I'm beginning to think you get the idea. Does it seem to anyone else that when you are visiting with family you eat WAY more than you normally do? I am not sure I totally understand this phenomenon but, it is wrecking my groove :-) Deana and Matthew have been awesome and come with me each morning for exercise. So that's a great thing. And it has been wonderful to have company each day.

Marty (my brother-in-law) and Deana are considering a big move to here and so they have been looking at homes too. Wow, there are some scary homes out there. Some really nice ones too. Moving is so stressful! I am sure my friend Stefanie can attest to that. When Brian and I built the house we are in now (and have been for the last three and one half years) it about gave me an ulcer.

The kids have finally made it to Thursday. And boy are they excited. See, Deana's kids are here on their spring break. My kids had spring break two weeks ago. I was a mean, mean mama and made them go to school for the first three days of the week. They had to get all their extra homework in and Jon arranged to take a test early. Eric got permission to take a test on Monday and completed his trumpet practice for the week and.....WAHLA!!!.....they earned two free days off of school to spend playing and hanging with their cousins. Today we are going swimming and all of my mom's grandkids are to report to the photo studio at 5pm for a photograph session with grandma and then tomorrow it is making homemade pizzas, bowling and game night. We are all looking forward to it.


Sarah is shaking her little booty


Rollin' and laughin'


Playing with Matthew


Mandi is lovin' on poor Ella


See mom, no more candy!


I do like this yogurt though


Our sweet (and sassy) Mandi girl


I found a hidden toy stash at grandma's house


With cousin Heather in grandma's yard


Let's go!!


Do you all have as hard of a time as we do getting your kids to look and SMILE?

4 comments:

Carol said...

Yeah! It was so good to see your new posts this morning. Also, you made me feel very validated when I saw that you had left me such kind messages. I love you and I am glad that you are having such a fun time with your food...er...I mean family. :-)

Jill said...

Hey. Sounds like the party lives on..and on...and on....

So my sister Mindy has an investment home in Boise that she is DESPERATE to sell. I don't know if your sister would be interested in looking at it or not. I know the price range is at the higher end, but I thought I would pass that along.

Barbie said...

So deja vu!! I lived this life just last week! My sister and kids were in town for a visit. Her hubby couldn't come with though. They too want to move here and we went looking at houses too!! We had a blast together and YES we ate and then ate some more. When the kids were smaller we would let them stay home a day to hang out with the cousins. They are bummed they are too old now and can't miss school. Hope you continue to have an AWESOME time!

Erin said...

Is it just me, or does everyone tell you that your girls look soooo much alike? It is amazing!