OK, the following photo is wholly unflattering. Taken late at night, hair back in a head band, glasses on, looking well.........just lovely! LOL! But the incident merits mention and I have a sense of humor. We have a long standing family favorite dessert that has been around for forever. It's called Butterfinger Cake. And can I just say Y-U-M-M-Y!! Well, my mom came over last night for dinner and after dinner we talked about what to have for dessert (didn't I mention below that we eat a lot when we are all together, yeah, I think I did *wink*) I had almost made the fantastical dessert the other night for a family dinner with EVERYONE but had decided against it because my sweetheart niece Heather is allergic to peanuts and though she knows not to eat it we didn't want to risk the other kids eating it and smearing it on her. It's been on the brain ever since. Mom's too. And I had all the ingredients. What is the luck of that? Well, later when we were ready to chow down on it, Brian asked from the kitchen if I wanted some. Uh, helloooooo????? I responded with a laugh that I wanted a huge piece...roughly 6x12. Just a round figure. And this is what he brought me. I LOVE that guy!!! (alas, I did not eat it ALL, though I was sorely tempted)
We had a great time playing Wizard and Hand 'n' Foot with all the adults. Mom, me, Brian, Deana (sister) and Marty, Laura (another sister), Ron (brother) and Cindy!!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
At great personal risk.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












11 comments:
Hi Anna! The cake looks yummy!!! I was wondering where you were... =D Have a wonderful time with your family!!
Blessings,
Amy
I didn't think it was possible at this stage in our friendship, but, correct me if I am wrong, I have never heard nor tasted of the goodness you call Butterfinger Cake. Can it be? Do you have any left? :) :) :)
You need to post a RECIPE after a blog like that. How dare you keep it to yourself!? I like a good hunk of cake from time to time myself!
Ok, first of all, we all need that recipe!!! Secondly, our family LOVES to play Hand and Foot!!! So much fun!!! Looks like you guys sure know how to have a good time!
OK...give up that recipe!!! lol!
I love Butteringer's to begin with, so I can just imagine what kind of heaven this pie is!!
Sounds like you guys have been having a fun time!
That looks yummy! Save me a piece. :p
Where is the recipe? I love your blog-so glad I can keep up with the daily activities. I am putting you in my favorite blogs. I have been wanting to ask you-How did you decide to go back to China for another child? Are you glad Mandy has a "China Sister" to grow up with?
Ronda
hey it is great to know that you look like the rest of us!!! CUTE pic!
Oooh, I NEED that recipe, please, please!!!
You have an adorable family! I so enjoyed your ski pictures.....where in Utah? We love to ski! We are in the process of adopting, and our agency is in Utah. Also, I would really like to have that recipe. Thanks, Heather
Okay, didn't finish the piece of cake? Isn't that some kind of cosmic 'no no'? ;)
And where the heck is that recipe?!?
Post a Comment